- Business Law
- Social Security Law
- Maritime and Commercial
- Contract Law and Civil Liability
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Gabriel Vaz focuses his practice on maritime, labor, social security, civil and commercial law, including maritime transportation, “offshore” services, navigation accidents and matters; contract drafting and negotiation, strategic commercial advice and dispute resolution, including civil liability lawsuits and social security contribution administrative proceedings.
He advises Brazilian and multinational clients from oil and gas, oil offshore services providers, power and infrastructure sectors on a wide variety of legal matters in connection with business transactions and investment projects, and related dispute resolution matters, seeking the most effective solution for complex legal issues.
His judicial and arbitral dispute related matters have been carried out before state and federal courts and tribunals throughout Brazilian states. Gabriel also acted as deputy council member to the social security admnistrative appeal board and his particular expertise on social security law and regulations adds actual value to clientes.
- B.A. in Law (JD equivalent); Universidade Cândido Mendes in Rio de Janeiro City. He is concluding a LLM program in Business Law, concentration in MaritimeLaw; Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-RJ)
- He is certified in Public Law and concluded several legal training programs organized by distinguished institutions. He also holds a certificate on Electricity Regulatory Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV-RJ).
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)